We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    So Frelorn, where are you coming from?
    Well, I started here on Asheron's Call about 10 years ago. Since then I have worked on LOTRO a few years ago, then moved to work on Batman: Arkham City and couple of other external WB games. More recently I was working on Infinite Crisis. Now I am here!

2. Jul 25 2014, 01:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    Well, I started here on Asheron's Call about 10 years ago. Since then I have worked on LOTRO a few years ago, then moved to work on Batman: Arkham City and couple of other external WB games. More recently I was working on Infinite Crisis. Now I am here!
    Cool, well welcome back

What class(es) are you playing?
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

4. Jul 25 2014, 01:35 PM

5. Jul 25 2014, 02:58 PM

Well sad to see you go, I'm glad that you will be going to a job that you will enjoy but still sad to see you go. I still think we should get the option to buy a "Soon" Horse in the LOTRO Store. That would be a really nice thing to have. Also i hope that you would be able to still stop into the servers and say hello every once in a while. Thanks for the fun.
    LotroComplete - Get it in the App Store Today.
    Check Lotro Sever Status at: https://www.lotrostatus.com

Soon Horse

Here is my Soon Horse Design . Not Perfect but you get the idea

LotroComplete - Get it in the App Store Today.
    Check Lotro Sever Status at: https://www.lotrostatus.com

8. Jul 25 2014, 04:20 PM

9. Jul 25 2014, 04:40 PM

10. Jul 25 2014, 04:44 PM

I still wanna know if Frelorn has a beard. It seems a very important question, IMO.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I still wanna know if Frelorn has a beard. It seems a very important question, IMO.
    Can confirm via his Twitter, he appears to have a beard. Though I am not sure which one of the 2 people in his Twitter pic are him (if either one is!).
    Lethareth, the Returned

Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    Can confirm via his Twitter, he appears to have a beard. Though I am not sure which one of the 2 people in his Twitter pic are him (if either one is!).
    It was mentioned in a SHIELD run that he has a goatee.

Congratulations and best of luck on your future endeavors. Thank you for all the hard work you've done here as well as putting up with our passions when they make us a bit unhinged.

You will be missed, Sacred Steward of SoonTM.
    Would you like to join the staff of The Landy Lately? Send a PM here or Quick Post Wellie.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.

15. Jul 25 2014, 09:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    It was mentioned in a SHIELD run that he has a goatee.
    Every little bit counts. xD I can rest assured, now, that our new Community Manager does indeed have some proper facial hair. It sorta goes with the job.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Thank you Sapience. You have provided the best three-man (Hobknobs) and group content (bring the hobbit to Isen) this year! I hope Turbine picks up you balls and continues to run with it. (Sorry for bad english, it is not my first lang)

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Every little bit counts. xD I can rest assured, now, that our new Community Manager does indeed have some proper facial hair. It sorta goes with the job.
    Excuse me! I can assure you that Patience, LotRO's first Community Manager, did not have a beard, as you can see in the picture I have linked below. That's Patience in the pink sweater. (I am on the left, in the blue sweater. We did not plan it that way.) The pic, incidentally, is from the Seattle Midnight Madness party, held the night before LotRO launched. I'll need to get a picture of me with Frelorn so I continue to have a full set.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...psc40f24ee.jpg
    Avowulf, Avodir, Avodoc, Avoin, Avorond, Avoborn, Avorin, Avogar, Avowald, Avobert
    (all in Mabo Lanc on Landroval)
    "Reality: What a gyp."--Dogbert

Quote Originally Posted by AmAvocet View Post
    Excuse me! I can assure you that Patience, LotRO's first Community Manager, did not have a beard, as you can see in the picture I have linked below. That's Patience in the pink sweater. (I am on the left, in the blue sweater. We did not plan it that way.) The pic, incidentally, is from the Seattle Midnight Madness party, held the night before LotRO launched. I'll need to get a picture of me with Frelorn so I continue to have a full set.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...psc40f24ee.jpg

Patience was awesome beyond words. I remember once someone insulted her in the forums, and boy, that guy got flamed.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

To the Steward of Soon(TM),
    From Tolkien's friend and associate, CS Lewis:

"Do not look so sad. We shall meet soon again."
    "Please, Aslan," said Lucy, "what do you call soon?"
    "I call all times soon" said Aslan; and instantly he was vanished away.
    ~Voyage of the Dawn Treader

I'm also saddened to read that you're moving on from your incredible tenure as CM here. Between Patience and you, we have truly been blessed with dedicated and wonderful people keeping us in line and keeping the community active and as informed as you're allowed to let us be. It's quite the passing of an era. If you have to leave us, Extra Life is one of the best possible new places though. They're very lucky people. Thank you for all you have put up with here, and all you have poured into LotRO over these past years. "Soon Fundraising Poster," please!! I wish you all the very best in your new job. Godspeed!

Frelorn, it's good to see you again. Many keep saying you have big shoes to fill, but we must graciously remember that shoes aren't everything in Middle Earth. I know we're in good hands with you as new CM. Welcome back!
    [color=SeaGreen]Lindiriel Ilmaren (100 Elf Minstrel R7)[/color] ~ [color=SlateBlue]Mysthryl Nightshade (74 Woman Burglar)[/color][color=RosyBrown]Nomiel Eldila (66 Elf Lore-Master)[/color][b]~{Nimrodel}~[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Lindiriel View Post
    To the Steward of Soon(TM),
    From Tolkien's friend and associate, CS Lewis:

"Do not look so sad. We shall meet soon again."
    "Please, Aslan," said Lucy, "what do you call soon?"
    "I call all times soon" said Aslan; and instantly he was vanished away.
    ~Voyage of the Dawn Treader

I'm also saddened to read that you're moving on from your incredible tenure as CM here. Between Patience and you, we have truly been blessed with dedicated and wonderful people keeping us in line and keeping the community active and as informed as you're allowed to let us be. It's quite the passing of an era. If you have to leave us, Extra Life is one of the best possible new places though. They're very lucky people. Thank you for all you have put up with here, and all you have poured into LotRO over these past years. "Soon Fundraising Poster," please!! I wish you all the very best in your new job. Godspeed!

Frelorn, it's good to see you again. Many keep saying you have big shoes to fill, but we must graciously remember that shoes aren't everything in Middle Earth. I know we're in good hands with you as new CM. Welcome back!

"Taking a new step is what people fear the most. Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and chance the future."

or this one could not make up my mind you get both.

"Taking a new step is what people fear the most. Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and chance the future."

I'm sorry to see you go, Sapience, but Extra Life is a great cause and I'm sure you'll be able to work wonders there; best of luck to you!
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=gold][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/gildamon"]Gildamon[/URL] - Minstrel[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=indianred][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/ioanes"]Ioanes[/URL] - Loremaster[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=deepskyblue][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/arcenbryht"]Arcenbryht[/URL] - Captain[/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    Easily one of my favorite Counting Crow songs. A long December is probably my all time favorite.
    Last edited by Sapience; Jul 28 2014 at 02:57 PM.

Wishing you the best

Thank you for everything you have contributed to this game and the community Rick! It will be bittersweet as others have said, it was hard losing Patience and it will certainly be sad not to have you around as the manager. You are going on to work for a great cause and that is to be commended!

While we will miss you around here, I look forward to the rush as Extra Life goals are met.

Take care and thank you, Rick!

-Balrend of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Easily one of my favorite Counting Crow songs. A long December is probably my all time favorite.
    I love that song too, definitely among my fave Counting Crows songs. I think my fave is probably Raining in Baltimore.

Here's another classic:

Unfortunately I've never liked Counting Crows or Blind Melon, but here is another "blind" group, but from a music genre I like more, Metal. \m/\m/

Here is Blind Guardian with The Bard's Song.
    "In a world far away, we may meet again."

Star-Man_1976

On every server. All 12 of them, and sometimes also on Bullroarer.

Where is my "Dead Hobbits Society" title?

Fair winds and full sails, Sapience.

I hope your new endeavors are well rewarded in heart and mind.
    Well, this is useless.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7