We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

News about Transfers from Treebeard and Shadowfax

In this news article https://www.lotro.com/news/lotro-leg...d-transfers-en there is a link to the transfer faq page, but that page hasn't been updated in a while. There Anor and Ithil are still mentioned while Treebeard and Shadowfax don't even seem to exist. The date on the page is from 2016. I would have though that if you make new transfers possible and confer readers to the faq page that it would contain some new information. I didn't find anything there that would explain where players can transfer to (to non-legendary worlds, to the other legendary world, to whatever), what the window of time is, why the transfers are possible (Treebeard still isn't anywhere near the end of the content, sometime in June we'll get to Helms Deep). Why did you put this info out with next to no information? The announcement leaves more questions than it gives answers.

It would be great if these questions would be answered in the coming days.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    With a high level of probability all they are doing is treating the two legendary servers as if they were regular servers for the purposes of transfers off of the servers. Transfers off will be allowed indefinately at full cost in LOTRO points - 2495 and 495 currently for a character or for shared storage.

Note that transfers to the servers are still not permitted. For very logical reasons in terms of transfers from the "live" servers with different level caps. For a different reason in terms of transfers from Treebeard to Shadowfax not being allowed - perhaps because Shadowfax is so close to the end of its run.

Free transfers when a server is shut down are a very different thing. These will soon be available for Shadowfax and the details will likely be announced when the server hits the level 140 milestone next month. That issue is not relevant for Treebeard which is years away from hitting the cap.

You are entirely correct about the link - the page is both outdated and inaccurate. The same page was linked when Anor and Ithil were eliminated and the inaccuracies were pointed out then. SSG did not feel it was worth the time to correct the page then and has not changed it since.

Thank you, Istvana. This makes entirely sense the way you explain it. And I also think I won't have to worry about leaving Treebeard in the near future.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    The timing of the announcement and the fact that faq pages are inaccurate and outdated is really just a bad look. It also sets players up for getting screwed over. If you are on Shadowfax you should NOT TRANSFER OFF THE SERVER. You will be getting free transfers very soon, so there's no reason to pay money now to transfer off.

As for Treebeard, I know there's one very loud player who has been asking over and over again to open up transfers so he can get his characters off, but for the majority of people you are better off spending the money to valar a new character than taking over a level 75 from TB.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

5. Apr 01 2023, 05:28 PM

Free transfers from Shadowfax and Treebeard will be announced when the world reaches the game's current level cap.
    So yeah I would 1000000% wait for that before spending any money to move off, especially from Shadowfax.

Wonder what/when the next gimmicky servers will be.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Strider5548 - you are entirely correct. Thus my separate post almost immediately after the announcement alerting Shadowfax players that it would be wiser to wait unless they had LOTRO points to burn or were in a big hurry.

Most of us know the likely end date and do not need this alert but anyone that abandoned characters there and stopped paying attention might not know it.