We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stop Using Skirmish Marks as Instance Rewards

These days skirmish marks are a mostly useless currency. If someone has a need for skirmish marks they can be earned by running skirmishes. Instances reward an overabundance of skirmish marks and medallions which are basically useless in game these days. Please reward some sort of currency that might actually be used. We go through the trouble of running the content and participating in the game only to be rewarded play game money. It is time for something useful to be rewarded. It is time for something useful that does not have an extremely low cap to be rewarded.

/signed
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Mostly doesn't mean totally. When I started a hunter on Nimrodel (now defunct), I needed an item for the level 45-50 class quests which cannot be obtained solo. I mean the Helchgam slime. Without a few marks and the skirmish camp, I would have been unable to finish this quest line. Other people are glad that they can get a piece of armor, or something that can be used as a cosmetic by this means. (Thinks of the far arrow helmet, these captain's paudrons that look like a birds nest, or the Silver-thread slippers)

Maybe the system needs a revamp; but a total removal of something that doesn't even fill your purse or has a currency cap on it, makes no sense to me.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    I needed an item for the level 45-50 class quests ... people are glad that they can get a piece of armor, or something that can be used as a cosmetic
    Agreed. Extra weapons/armor/cosmetics, the ability to buy out the Angmar class quests- I'm glad we get Marks in other places.

The game is full of currencies you might or might not use- various reputation barter coins, marks, etc. -- and we STILL end up with overflowing gold/silver/copper.

If you don't like playing skirmishes, nobody is forcing you to. And if marks are truly useless to you, why does it matter if you get them or not? They don't take up any inventory space and you aren't being forced to spend them on things you don't want to buy.

More stuff to buy could be cool, especially for higher-level players since that seems to be the main demographic who complains about marks not being useful (to them).

Yeah, I agree. Or make marks/medallions more useful.
    Paint the Sky with Stars

Instead of a million other rubbish currencies per instance/region/dungeon/raid/festival, just make everything drop and use marks/medallions. Then players can play whatever they want to buy whatever they like.