We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cosmetic Shield of New Growth - Spring Festival Reward Bug?

I previewed the new 'Cosmetic Shield of New Growth' from Verbena Greenhand for the Spring Festival rewards and certainly this must be a bug. It looks like a rusty starter shield. Can anyone verify this?
    Landroval - The Alliance kinship of The Alliance Gaming Community
    https://agc.gamerlaunch.com/
    “Take me with you. For laughs, for luck, for the unknown. Take me with you.” - Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

So, you don't like it. Simple, don't get it and move on.

I don’t know if this is a bug, as that is what it looked like in beta, but it is certainly disappointing…

I honestly thought it was a placeholder at first on Bullroarer until I realized the icon matches the in game item. Making a starter level crafted shield just rusted up is very disappointing to me as a reward, personally. I was hoping we'd get a new model, or at least a fresh reskin that looked like an elvish spring themed shield or something fitting of the festival in that way. Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Thodrund View Post
    Saying that it looks like a rusty starter shield wasn't meant as an insult to the shield, I meant that as it looks like shields already in the game. Also I'm just confused as it doesn't match Cloak of New Growth / Hooded Cloak of New Growth at all, which is why I was thinking maybe it was a bugged appearance

The cosmetic shield and the housing decoration shield are the same design so yeah... *shrug*
    “Take me with you. For laughs, for luck, for the unknown. Take me with you.” - Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Thodrund View Post
    This person was suggesting something else, and it has happened before.
    With the scavenger hunt, there was a bug with the Tarkrip clan shield. It stands to reason that given there's a specific theme implied with the name, that there could be some sort of bug with the appearance/ placeholder.
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

Dunno if a bug, but the Shield is dirty version of starter one we get, so its same just slightly changed to look old and dirty, my guess not a bug cause in recent past they gave us cosmetics that were not new ones that were sold in the LOTRO Store for years moved farmers fair, so why not another existing item?
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Dunno if a bug, but the Shield is dirty version of starter one we get, so its same just slightly changed to look old and dirty, my guess not a bug cause in recent past they gave us cosmetics that were not new ones that were sold in the LOTRO Store for years moved farmers fair, so why not another existing item?
    Bit strange, then. Unless the "New Growth" implies some sort of mildew or mould.
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

I was wondering if it was a place holder too. Doesn't match any other of the brightly colored/flowered themed spring items that we usually get. It does indeed look like a throw-a-away starter item. If it was meant to be a "dirty" shield then I would have preferred that it have been named as such. I actually don't mind seeing "worn" items as cosmetics but it should be obvious that's what it's meant to be. (Call it "worn, dirt-smudged shield" or something.) I hope it was a mistake and the real shield just didn't make it onto the festival vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    I was wondering if it was a place holder too. Doesn't match any other of the brightly colored/flowered themed spring items that we usually get. It does indeed look like a throw-a-away starter item. If it was meant to be a "dirty" shield then I would have preferred that it have been named as such. I actually don't mind seeing "worn" items as cosmetics but it should be obvious that's what it's meant to be. (Call it "worn, dirt-smudged shield" or something.) I hope it was a mistake and the real shield just didn't make it onto the festival vendor.
    Likewise, I thought that too. Hey, SSG, if you need someone to come up with new designs, hook a Dwarf up!

When I seen this shield, I was really disappointed. Bad decision for "first new cosmetic shield for years"

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    When I seen this shield, I was really disappointed. Bad decision for "first new cosmetic shield for years"
    It's funny because there are old shields already coded into the that game people have been asking for, for years now, which are unavailable. So they actually just spent more time and resources to give us something far worse than just adding 'Threkskold' to the vendor.

So...there is an actual bug...with the bug (pet). The little icon of it shows up as an aurochs.
    I don't mind some plain-looking stuff every now and then. Although I do not typically buy cosmetic gear and stuff like that from festival vendors, just frilly dresses and pets.
    Paint the Sky with Stars

Are there no new steeds? The announcement says "New mounts are available through the reward vendor, while older Spring Festival mounts are available for Mithril" but all I see are the steeds from the last 2 years.

As for the shield, the text in the tooltip confirms it's supposed to look old yet remind you of growth. I guess from the little wheat sheaf or whatever that is in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Are there no new steeds? The announcement says "New mounts are available through the reward vendor, while older Spring Festival mounts are available for Mithril" but all I see are the steeds from the last 2 years.

As for the shield, the text in the tooltip confirms it's supposed to look old yet remind you of growth. I guess from the little wheat sheaf or whatever that is in the middle.
    Is the honey goat new? Maybe that's the new mount?
    Paint the Sky with Stars

No, I have the Honey Goat from previous years (don't remember when it came out but I think it was before last year).

No new steed (from Cord of the Rings)

Cloak of New Growth

Shield of New Growth

I don't see the connection

Here It Is...Bronze Buckler

Bronze Buckler - Apprentice Metalsmith lvl 7 Crafted Shield

Yes, there's a slight difference between them, but it's practically the same look

Quote Originally Posted by Dervacus View Post
    I don't see the connection

Well, there's a plant on the shield design. That's about as much connection as I can see. I certainly wouldn't think they were a "set" of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Perhaps it is implied that when you look at this old shield which you could have worn or crafted way back in the beginning of your adventuring career it reminds you of your own growth.