We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

As a VIP perk, add Curator and festival barter to Town Services

VIP has a bunch of town services they can interact with which is nice, but I'd love to see the Curator and festival barter added so that VIPs can barter for things at any time of year. The dialog is already in the client so it shouldn't be a tremendous amount of work to allow access to it via Town Services and it seems this would be a nice perk for VIP.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    VIP has a bunch of town services they can interact with which is nice, but I'd love to see the Curator and festival barter added so that VIPs can barter for things at any time of year. The dialog is already in the client so it shouldn't be a tremendous amount of work to allow access to it via Town Services and it seems this would be a nice perk for VIP.
    That is an interesting idea.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    I would like to take this a different route.

Add a VIP-only room in Bree (or a VIP only zone a-la Frostbluff that can be accessed from a number of hubs) that contains:

- All figments vendors including the Curator, year round.
    - All festival vendors, year round. So you can spend your tokens when you get around to it. (And buy things early, if a patch adds them weeks before a festival starts....)
    - All zone Quartermasters, so you don't have to run around the world looking for something.
    - A Skirmish camp, for what it is worth.....
    - A Stablemaster that goes pretty much everywhere - and maybe a few "portals" that go to various places.
    - Although sort of redundant as a VIP, add the default vault, auction house, forge, etc vendors.
    - A porting skill that will take you straight to that bone/room from anywhere.
    - Motes and Embers vendors.
    - Task boards all the way up to 140.
    - A special VIP vendor containing items that can only be purchased by VIP's. Think cosmetics, housing items, pets, steeds, that sort of thing. Just fluff, basically.

Basically a VIP "hub" that has everything. When your VIP lapses, the zone will automatically kick you out in a similar way as done when entering a zone you are not supposed to be in, and bring you back to your starting zone.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post

Add a VIP-only room in Bree (or a VIP only zone a-la Frostbluff that can be accessed from a number of hubs) that contains:

- All festival vendors, year round. So you can spend your tokens when you get around to it. (And buy things early, if a patch adds them weeks before a festival starts....)
    - All zone Quartermasters, so you don't have to run around the world looking for something.
    - A Stablemaster that goes pretty much everywhere - and maybe a few "portals" that go to various places.
    - Although sort of redundant as a VIP, add the default vault, auction house, forge, etc vendors.
    - A special VIP vendor containing items that can only be purchased by VIP's. Think cosmetics, housing items, pets, steeds, that sort of thing. Just fluff, basically.

Basically a VIP "hub" that has everything. When your VIP lapses, the zone will automatically kick you out in a similar way as done when entering a zone you are not supposed to be in, and bring you back to your starting zone.
    That is an amazing idea.

Great Idea Maartena!! /signed

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post

I had a similar idea because when I decorate a house and need something specific the barter is gone. My bags/storage is filled with items from these barters I might never use and to be able to buy when needed will be a great help. To combine this with VIP basically catches 2 flies at once.

Interesting ideas and both suggested in the past although I don't agree with either one.
    You will have to wait with the rest of us to get your festival stuff and 'seasonal' stuff.

/not signed

PS, no - it's not because I am not VIP. If I paid, I'd still be against it.

HOWEVER, I am all for changing festival purchases to gold and scrapping festival tokens in all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    Interesting ideas and both suggested in the past although I don't agree with either one.
    You will have to wait with the rest of us to get your festival stuff and 'seasonal' stuff.

/not signed

PS, no - it's not because I am not VIP. If I paid, I'd still be against it.

HOWEVER, I am all for changing festival purchases to gold and scrapping festival tokens in all.
    so wait your a non-VIP telling the vips that they should not have benefits you don't?
    who do you think you are?

9. Oct 18 2022, 03:51 PM

Give EsO crafting bag to vips.

As each character is logged into for the first time after obtaining the Craft Bag, all materials will be automatically moved from the character's inventory into the bag. Materials in the bank will not be moved until the bank is accessed for the first time. Afterwards, all materials collected will automatically go into the bag. There is no limit to how much can be stored; materials will stack to 1,000 before starting a new stack.

Should the ESO Plus subscription run out, the Craft Bag will remain accessible for the purpose of using the materials, but no new materials will be placed into the bag, even if there is some of that material already in it. In order to continue placing materials into the bag, the ESO Plus subscription must be renewed.

So even ppl who usualy use f2p model will have reason to resub from time to time to move their crafting mats from inv to bag.