We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauglin View Post
    I learned long ago that "dealing with nuance" usually just sinks you deeper into the pig wallow. Though I'll confess that I'm continually surprised at the number of people who seem to enjoy it. Rather, I've found that being straightforward, arguing facts and evidence, and being able to back up what I say yields much better results over time.
    Nah, at this point poking fun at Amazon is likely to have more impact than any amount of dry discussion. They don't care about facts, but they do care about being made to look silly.

As long as you can back up what you say, more power to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    No, it's not natural that an adaptation of an imaginary ancient past should reflect what the world "actually looks like" now, in modern times. That's a contradiction in terms, equivocating between different contexts. GoT did not do that. The Witcher series has not done that. It should look natural on the setting's own terms or at least be explicable, not 'just because'.
    Been reading this thread just now and noticed what you said - I wholeheartedly agree The Witcher hasn't *really* done that and in any case it was more explicable due to chaotic migrations, races on the run, magical teleports etc. which is a subtle difference that I noticed people NEVER get. Although... they *did* have the "Dryads" which was worrisome at first but then it kind of became a meme in my head because it was almost certainly a quota being forcefully filled from the checklist they got from Netflix or something like that. "Oh gosh... So what now?" "Hey dude, what if we turn Brokilon forest into the Black Brooklyn forest?" "OK I've got no better ideas so let's just do that, they'll be so satisfied they'll give us next season straight away!" Also, good thing they never actually brought Geralt into this place (like in the stories) because THAT would have been awkward... with it being a quota ploy to begin with so they just played it safe and limited. So even with the quota checklist being forced on you or done out of marketing reasons, this is how you recognize there are some good writers and directors at the helm. With Rings of Powers they are almost certainly not... though would have been amazing if it turned out differently

Overall, glad to read these older threads sometimes when I come across them. This forum is like one of the only places where I feel 'safe' and free of overall insanity, when it comes to this sort of thing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2