We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

"Select Pet" keybinding

Yes, after all these years, Lore-masters/Captains STILL need a keybinding allowing a player to Select Pet.

Why this wasn't done "In The Beginning" is a mystery.

Please make it happen now -- at long last.

~EE

Quote Originally Posted by EtherEel View Post
    Yes, after all these years, Lore-masters/Captains STILL need a keybinding allowing a player to Select Pet.

~EE
    F1 cycles through selecting self, pet, costmetic pet. The other F2-F6 keys likewise cycle through your fellowship and their pets. There are a few oddities, such as immediately after summoning your pet, if you use F1 to select it and then try to use a skill, such as the captain's Blade Brother, you will sometimes get the error "Cannot use on self" even though your pet is clearly selected - in this case, hitting Esc to quickly clear the selection and a quick double tap on F1 to select the pet usually works. I reported that bug eons ago but it hasn't been fixed
    Last edited by Garan; Jul 29 2020 at 10:06 AM.

+1. Every time during a fight, I think about it. F1 is not that

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle727 View Post
    +1. Every time during a fight, I think about it. F1 is not that
    I know this is a necro, but I googled looking for answer for this just today. Not only is there still not a simple keybind for select pet, but select self no longer toggles between yourself and any pets. Its kinda mind-boggling that such a simple quality of life feature can't be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_bryan View Post
    but select self no longer toggles between yourself and any pets.

Mine works fine

F1 still works fine for me. I use it several times daily on my Captains and my LM. I haven't tried it with cosmetic pets lately. Perhaps it has to do with country code of the keyboard or possibly the client or OS language. I am in the US with a standard 101 key US keyboard (although my laptop keyboard also works correctly) running the EN client. Wondering if any of that is different for those having trouble with F1.

this would be nice for cosmetic pets also.

Also, please have it so that 'Select Next/Nearest/Previous NPC' does not select your pet (so that when I need to target NPCs for quests or anything, I can just use my Select NPC button without it selecting my pet which I don't really need to in most cases).

Another thing: Please have it so that Cosmetic Pets can't be clicked. For example, I love my firefly pet but its hitbox(?) is so huge that it often makes annoyingly hard to click on the NPC I need to talk to. If not possible, maybe make it so cosmetic pet hitboxes are a lot smaller or they don't take click-priority over NPCs. Maybe do that for LM pets too outside of combat.
    Been playing LOTRO on and off since 4/16/2013! | - Landroval, Laurelin -

*'Deceiver' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ0RwCzh_xI - a LOTRO fan trailer I made, with voice acting attempt

~EE
    Not that is hard to click on your combat pet portrait (that automatically tag your pet). You can create a custom alias command for it! Here explain how it is done: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Alias . Have fun!