We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Expansion Releases

I have been hearing rumors that the Expansions will get released quarterly throughout the year. Does anyone know if this is true and if so how does everyone feel about that? Personally my Kinship and I think the time is way too short especially for 1 - 50. I have alot of friends that did not start till Moria or after and did not get to experience the early days of lotro. It would be nice if that time was extended to at least 6 months if not 7 so that we can enjoy endgame more. Getting to endgame with 1 character is not so bad but having time to level alts and what not in 4 months is just not enough time in my opinion. Since the people on these servers are paying a sub then if enough people feel the same maybe they could increase the amount of time we have until each expansion comes out. Please if you agree or have an opinion about this please post here.

Thanks,

Johnno

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO3726 View Post
    I have been hearing rumors that the Expansions will get released quarterly throughout the year. Does anyone know if this is true and if so how does everyone feel about that? Personally my Kinship and I think the time is way too short especially for 1 - 50. I have alot of friends that did not start till Moria or after and did not get to experience the early days of lotro. It would be nice if that time was extended to at least 6 months if not 7 so that we can enjoy endgame more. Getting to endgame with 1 character is not so bad but having time to level alts and what not in 4 months is just not enough time in my opinion. Since the people on these servers are paying a sub then if enough people feel the same maybe they could increase the amount of time we have until each expansion comes out. Please if you agree or have an opinion about this please post here.

Thanks,

Johnno
    Completely agree! 4 months is too soon to level up and enjoy "end game" content. I would love to level a couple alts too. At this point though I will be lucky to get my first one to 50 before March.

I agree to a certain extent, but tbh the endgame content at the moment is nothing like it used to be on original timeline, also eregion has been added already so that's pushing it forward. PVMP is not in game, that was original, so to say we need more time to concentrate on end game is a bit moot. If they started it how it was originally then yes i would say more time needed, but there is no challenge in endgame at moment. Also addition of Nadhin Armour makes it easier and traits are nothing like it used to be.

I would say add Moria, then do 6 months before next if it is like original, if its not then 4 months is OK.

It would be nice if we could have some more information on this rather than ~4 months.

4 months for 50 levels at SOA has probably been a good run.
    Short term I would like to know....

Will Moria be released with Lothlorien giving us 4 months for all the level 58-60 instances?
    Will Mirkwood and Enedwaith be released together giving us 4 months for all the level 65 instances?

The next xpac is Isengard and thats probably the last of the Legendary Experience of the game... the quality of the game went Southwards after this so not sure I will be doing Legendary after that but I am sure others will be interested.

The Moria Instance Cluster includes:
    Full Fellowship (6-person):
    [58] Dark Delvings
    [58] Fil Gashan
    [58] Skûmfil
    [58] The Forges of Khazad-dûm
    [54] The Forgotten Treasury
    [56] The Grand Stair
    [58] The Sixteenth Hall

12-person Raids:
    [58] Filikul
    [58] The Vile Maw

The Mirkwood Instance Cluster includes:
    Sword-Hall 3-man instance
    Dungeons of Dol Guldur 3-man instance
    Warg-pens 3-man instance
    Sammath Gûl 6-man instance
    Barad Guldur 12-man instance

The Lothlorien Instance Cluster includes:
    The Mirror-halls of Lumul-nar (Small Fellowship Instance)
    The Water Wheels: Nalâ-dûm (Small Fellowship Instance)
    Halls of Crafting (Fellowship Instance)
    Dâr Narbugud (12-man Raid)
    The Battle of Lórien (Fellowship Quest Instance)

The Enedwaith (ITA) Cluster includes:
    Lost Temple
    Northcotton Farm
    Sâri-surma
    Stoneheight
    Ost Dunhoth

The Isengard Instance Cluster includes:
    Fangorn's Edge - 3-person (Small Fellowship)
    Pits of Isengard - 3-person (Small Fellowship)
    Dargnákh Unleashed - 3-person (Small Fellowship)
    The Foundry - 6-person (Fellowship)
    The Tower of Orthanc - 12-person Raid

If they release Moria and Lothlorien together I am not sure if people will run much of the level 58 instances. If they release them seperately then people are going to grind essence gear in Moria and be over powered for Lothlorien anyway...
    The same can be be said for level 65 Mirkwood and Enedwaith.

I have heard about the Rift having Tiers or what not but I also heard that the loot is not any better from T1 to T3. Is that true?

That is correct. T1-T3 grants the same armour, weapons, and loot. The only notable difference is that T3 will grant a title upon completion.