We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Account Support FAQ

Gift Giving, Payments on Friends' Accounts and Manual Points Purchases

If you plan on giving the gift of an upgrade, play time, or points, please do NOT add your card to your friend's account. I cannot stress this enough. This can often lead to confusion and/or problems. Your card will now be on your friend's account for future use, unless your friend adds a new card. This means, by definition, that you own the account (with your card on file) and you have to email us for any account issues. This also means that subscription fees and Point purchases can be charged to your card while it is on file. Unfortunately, we've seen this lead to unpleasant situations (even between friends) in some cases.

To give a gift, you can email the Account Management department and request to pay for the gift (subscription time, upgrade, points bundle). Contact links can be found in my signature.

Be sure to include:
    -your username (game login)
    -your first and last name
    -the last 4 digits of your credit card/PayPal email address
    -what gift you would like to give (either the amount of play time and cost, or number of points and current cost)

You'll need to have at least two of the following for the account that you want the gift applied to:
    -the name of at least 1 character & the server the character is on
    -the first and last name of the account user
    -the email address on file
    -the address on file
    -the username of the account (not recommended for privacy/security reasons)

To submit a new web inquiry please:
    • Go to https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us

Please do NOT use this form to send complete credit card numbers for your security. We cannot accept credit cards via web inquiry or email. If your card information is listed on another account, the form and auto response will walk you through providing all the information we need to assist you.

VIP Points FAQ

When are points granted?
    VIP points are granted within 48 hours of a successful VIP subscription payment, or within 48 hours of the monthly anniversary for multi month payments. For Lifetime subscribers, points are granted within 48 hours of the monthly anniversary of the payment date.
    -For example, if Duke’s billing date is on the 15th of the month for a single month payment, and his payment is successful, then he will get the points on the 15th or 16th.
    -If Smitty’s billing date is on the 20th, and he is on a 3 month plan, then every month on the 20th or 21st he’ll get his points (provided the payment for the 3 months of access processes).
    -If Jane's Lifetime subscription was paid on June 4th, she will get her monthly points on the 4th or 5th.

How does that work for Multi-Month Subscriptions?
    VIP Points for Multi Month Subscriptions are granted in the standard 500 point increments on a monthly basis. Multi month subscribers do not get all the points in a giant lump sum at the beginning of the billing period.
    -For example (as noted above) Smitty’s billing date is on the 20th, and he is on a 3 month plan, then every month on the 20th or 21st he’ll get his points (provided the payment for the 3 months of access processes).

How does that work for Lifetime Subscriptions?
    Lifetime subscribers get their points on the monthly anniversary, just like Multi-Month Subscribers.
    Lifetime subscribers have no additional requirements in order to receive VIP monthly points. They will automatically be delivered regardless if you log in or not.

How do I know I got my points?
    At this time there is no notification sent when VIP points are added. However, you can check your recent points history! To do please follow the directions in the next question.

How can I track Point Changes?
    You can check your recent points history! To do so:

-Open the Store
    -Click on your username located on the top-right corner
    -Select 'History'

If you have questions about points prior to the available history, please feel free to contact Account Support.

I don't think I got my points!
    If you believe that points are missing for any reason, please wait 24 hours and see if they reappear. You may want to check the point history (directions listed above). If more than 24 hours has passed and you believe that the points are still gone, then please contact the Account Management department.

Password Requirements

When changing your password for your account, it must be between 8 and 16 characters in length, and must contain AT LEAST 3 of the following four categories:
    • English uppercase characters (A - Z)
    • English lowercase characters (a - z)
    • Base 10 digits (0 - 9)
    • Non-alphanumeric characters limited to ()[]!$%&+;:-/"^#@

Credit Card Upgrading FAQ & International Cards

To go from Free or Premium access to VIP (after creating a new free subscription, canceling, not playing for a time or a failed payment):
    -Follow the steps outlined here: https://www.lotro.com/en/Upgrade-to-VIP

To go from VIP to Premium access:
    -Open the store window through the LOTRO client
    -Click on your username located on the top-right corner
    -Select 'Manage Subscriptions' and then 'Details'
    -Click on 'Cancel'

If you're able to add your credit card to the in-game store, but the store won't let you buy points, we are happy to help.
    Please submit an email ticket and include the following:
    -username of the account you want the purchase and points on
    -the last 4 of the credit card
    -the card holder's name
    -the number of points you want to buy
    -the amount you are agreeing to spend

Pre-Paid, Debit or Credit Card Information
    -We accept cards with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover logos.
    -Please note that the card must be registered with the same name and address that you are entering in the system.
    -There may be $1.00 USD (approximate) holds placed on a card for each attempt to add it to the billing system. These holds should be released within a few business days at the most. We request the authorizations to confirm the card is valid, but we do not receive the funds and cannot release them. If the funds are not released within a week, I strongly suggest you contact the card company regarding the holds.
    -When a card is used for points purchases, it is automatically added to the system, which adds the potential for re-occurring billing. Some pre-paid card companies will not allow their cards to be added to a system where they can be charged on a re-occurring basis (subscription fees).

Help! I've lost my character!

The first is that you could be on a different server. Characters are always specific to the server they are created on (unless you move them with a World Character Transfer and then they are specific to the new server). To be sure you are on the right server, you can simply log into each available server and see if your characters are listed. To be sure you're checking all the servers, it is best to make a list and check them off, as they do re-arrange themselves with the most recently visited at the top of the list.

The second is that you are logging into the wrong account or subscription. Characters are also specific to an individual subscription on a specific account. If you use a different username or select a different subscription nickname when logging into the game, you may not find your character. Be sure you're spelling the username correctly. If you have more than one subscription for LOTRO on that account, be sure you're picking the right nickname to log into.

Players who used to play on the EU servers with Codemasters often run into this second issue. At the time of migration, many players had to change their username (if the username from Codemasters was already taken). If you are a former EU player who migrated your account, be sure to use the username recovery link here, which might help you remember your newer username.

If you were an EU player who never migrated your account, then the characters are indeed lost. We can no longer assist with migrations.

If you can't find your characters on any server, and don't know or remember a previous username, or upgraded the wrong account/subscription, please contact the Account Managment department. They will be happy to research the issue for you. Contact options are located in my signature.
    Last edited by Cordovan; Feb 07 2017 at 12:08 PM.
    Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO