We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

"5. Gold farmers use /who to spam their victims. "

Pardon my ignorance but what is a gold farmer?

Quote Originally Posted by br0br1 View Post
    "5. Gold farmers use /who to spam their victims. "

Pardon my ignorance but what is a gold farmer?
    In this case, the poster was referencing Real Money Traders. They'll usually send you unsolicited /tells or mail advertising their services.

It does not reference people who use in game methods to generate income for their own personal use/goals and thus amass a significant amount of coin so they can maintain an in game quality of life that best suits their playstyle.

Didn't see this one buy maybe I missed it - I just found out after a month of play that I can right-clcik on items in inventory while selling - to sell them faster to NPC ...
    Euroman, lvl 38 Champ. GM said EuroTrash violated the naming policy...
    Euro, lvl 20 Hunter; Trash lvl 19 Guard
    Eura, Warg Stalker; Eurot, Spider Weaver
    Oathfallen - Meneldor

Quote Originally Posted by euro View Post
    Didn't see this one buy maybe I missed it - I just found out after a month of play that I can right-clcik on items in inventory while selling - to sell them faster to NPC ...
    Za? I've tried that. It has never once worked for me.
    [I]"Beauty is on the inside!" - Anubias
    "Yeah... but hawt elven chicks are still cool." - SoulMonarch[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMonarch View Post
    Za? I've tried that. It has never once worked for me.
    It does work, but sometimes you'll hit an item that won't sell for some reason. I later realized that you have to make sure the border of the item "lights up" before you click it or it won't sell. When it doesn't, try mousing over the thumbnail icon specifically and then it will work.

Remember, there is always Buy Back for late at night drunk loot selling!
    Euroman, lvl 38 Champ. GM said EuroTrash violated the naming policy...
    Euro, lvl 20 Hunter; Trash lvl 19 Guard
    Eura, Warg Stalker; Eurot, Spider Weaver
    Oathfallen - Meneldor

Re: Unofficial: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by Avon View Post
    Please note that this is a bug and it will be fixed in a future update.

-Avon
    Noooo

Maybe this could be changed to a quest, but it's really useful to have this.....

Sin, You put in the combat section that when you select a skill and you do not have a target, the game will select the closest target. This is true, however the skill will not activate as it selects the nearest target instead of using the skill.

just thought you should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zikro View Post
    To clear up emotes a tad bit for all those who are confused.

My in-game character is Zikro

Example: /sit sits down very cautiously
    Displayed: Zikro sits down very cautiously (the sit emote occurs)

Get it?

Example: /roar screams loudly!
    Displayed: Zikro screams loudly! (the roar emote goes off)

Or you can do it without an emote

Example: /e runs away like a coward.
    Displayed: Zikro runs away like a coward. (no emote attached)

I hope that clears it up a bit.
    This is very helpful!

I knew about /em [emote] and the basic built-in actino emotes, but never knew that you could combine a description of your own with the built-in action. Thanks!

If you don't want to keep seeing your locked items when you go to a vendor you can change a setting in the UI options to default to not shown.
    Currently residing on Nimrodel:
    Thanaebor, Guardian of the Realm of Gondor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturge View Post
    If you don't want to keep seeing your locked items when you go to a vendor you can change a setting in the UI options to default to not shown.
    Ah sweet! I am going to look for that one tonight! Thanks!

Euro and Sturge,

Thank you for your contributions! They have been added to the list!

Quote Originally Posted by dh8d1 View Post
    Sin, You put in the combat section that when you select a skill and you do not have a target, the game will select the closest target. This is true, however the skill will not activate as it selects the nearest target instead of using the skill.

just thought you should know.
    Interesting. My queued up combat skill will target and fire off on an eligible mob. I'll try two different scenarios (in and out of combat).

Appreciate the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Sturge View Post
    For the record this option is at the very end of the UI settings and is listed as the last one in the MISC section.

/follow works on just about anyone... so make those long runs from Bree -> Forsaken Inn or Shire -> Bree easier by /following someone who's already en route.
    1) left-click their toon, then

2a) type /follow

or

2b) right-click on them or their portrait to bring up the contect menu and select follow.
    Of course, you've got to keep an eye on them to make sure their not wandering off the path. Also, they might get suspicious as the go off path to mine nodes and you're right behind them, so use with caution.

-

Something I wish I knew earlier: (sorry if mentioned already): Right click on an item in the sell window will sell it. This is quite handy to quickly sort your trash loot from items you want to lock.

I noticed that even thou I have been to nearly every city + town, I had not got hardly any stable locations.

To get a destination, remember to talk to every stable hand you meet. It opens up the stable so when latwer you may wish to fast travel back, it is open.
    "Why is it that using one's Common sense is so uncommon?"

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAdams View Post
    For the record this option is at the very end of the UI settings and is listed as the last one in the MISC section.
    Does anyone know how to then UNLOCK the item in case you want to sell it later without having to go into options and showing locked items again?

Cerion and Coogee,

Thanks for your contributions! They've been added to the list!

I dont think Ive seen this here yet but Im always hearing people ask how to chat in a specific channel. There are several 'slash' commands AND you can just click on the chat bubble beside the entry box and choose a channel from the list.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAdams View Post
    Does anyone know how to then UNLOCK the item in case you want to sell it later without having to go into options and showing locked items again?
    There is no need to go into the settings to do this, even the first time. Every vendor's sell window has a check box to show/hide locked items (I forget the actual wording), but you can toggle it on and off right there at the vendor sell window. The check box is on the left side just above the item display area of the items in the sell window. And this setting is remembered, so once you set it there to hide or display the locked items, it will retain that setting till you change it no matter what vendor you visit.

Thus, if you have locked items and you have it hiding locked items, simply toggle the flag on that dialog, and all your items will display. Unlock the ones you want to sell, then toggle the flag back. No need to go to the options at all.

Every once in a while, there is a minor display bug when you toggle the flag to hide locked items off and then unlock some of those locked items. Sometimes, when you toggle the flag back to hide locked items again, the ones you just unlocked will go back into hiding. It does not happen often, and simply closing the vendor dialog then reopening it again will dislay them, so it is not that big of a deal. But it is something you should be aware of as it does happen every once in a while.
    Last edited by Voxin; May 07 2007 at 07:08 PM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000cfd6d/01007/signature.png]Elraeth[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#ff0000]Voxin[COLOR=black]*****[/COLOR][COLOR=white]Level 60[/COLOR][COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Man Champion[COLOR=black]*****[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]|[/COLOR][COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][/COLOR]Elrath[/COLOR][COLOR=black]**[/COLOR][COLOR=black]**[/COLOR]Level 60[COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Elf Lore-master[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Sotuadi[/COLOR][COLOR=black]***[/COLOR]Level 60[COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Hobbit Burglar[COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]|[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][COLOR=red][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=1]Braevan[COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][COLOR=white]Level 55[/COLOR][COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Hobbit Minstrel[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by C31ebrimbor View Post
    The Combe Lumber Camp is East of Combe...

Just to answer the most frequently asked question in [Advise] and [OOC]...

Great thread, thanks for all the work and extra effort.

Oh, and if you go east of combe, and you end up in Bree, it's the other east.
    Empire of Elendilmir
    Teria, Terria, Teridis, Elizwith

If your an experienced player, its best to skip the introduction and save you an hours time. The quests you get when you skip will be in the orange area providing you enough experience to catch up. And you will merely be a level or two behind anyway. Less then 30 minutes work. And if you have gone through once before as a race of your choice, plan ahead and do the quests in order, for example, if your objective is to kill boars, and then walk over and retrieve an object then to another place to return the object and the boars are the furthest from your other objective, which do you think you will want to complete first?
    Last edited by Syko2517; May 08 2007 at 01:41 AM.

If you turn on the option to always display your hotbars, but you have nothing in the hotbars, it will look like nothing changed. This is because, even when that option is set, the extra hotbars only display slots that have a skill, item, shortcut, etc. actually in the slot (i.e., the frame does not display on empty slots). So if you do not have anything in the slots, nothing will display.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000cfd6d/01007/signature.png]Elraeth[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#ff0000]Voxin[COLOR=black]*****[/COLOR][COLOR=white]Level 60[/COLOR][COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Man Champion[COLOR=black]*****[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]|[/COLOR][COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][/COLOR]Elrath[/COLOR][COLOR=black]**[/COLOR][COLOR=black]**[/COLOR]Level 60[COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Elf Lore-master[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Sotuadi[/COLOR][COLOR=black]***[/COLOR]Level 60[COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Hobbit Burglar[COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]|[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][COLOR=red][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=1]Braevan[COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][COLOR=white]Level 55[/COLOR][COLOR=black]***[/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Hobbit Minstrel[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Don't know if this has been said but F10 + Alt, gives you a torch!

Using Destiny to by 3 bars of rest state is a great idea to do before an instance.

You can inspect someone without being next to them, as long as you have them targeted or they are in your party you can see what the have on.
    Last edited by NezRe; May 08 2007 at 07:22 PM.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast