We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 105 of 237 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 5917

Re: Show us your favorite cosmetic outfit

It was great to get a comment on my finalist outfit on LotroFashion, particularly that the top I used made my girl seem too manly. Due to either a limitation in wardrobe or imagination I came up with the only chest I thought would work with the rest of the pieces intact and give her a waist , but it was interesting to see how the colour synergy required a shift in dyes to Sienna, as well as swapping out the backpack to sustain the new synergy. The original is my favourite though..

Here's a couple of shots of the new top and also on my favourite horse. I hope it does it more justice than the screenshot originally submitted.

All Sienna dye:

Fancy Plumed Hat, Pauldrons of the Wandering Bard, Elven Padded Jacket of Might, Finely Stitched Backpack, Dolen Llaw gloves, Starkmoor Caretaker's Leggings, Embroidered Shoes of the Dunland Healer.
    Serendipity Jones of Laurelin

Here's an outfit that was inspired by another finalist, screenshot 10, a more elegant look for elegant occasions. Seren rarely dresses up, probably because drinking with Inn League hobbits is best done in more pragmatic attire!

Balladeer's Hat - Crimson dye
    Long Sleeved Summer Dress - Grey
    Mantle of the Beneficent - Grey
    Ceremonial Defender's Cloak - Crimson

Ashen grey horse too

Last edited by SerendipityUK; Feb 26 2012 at 09:32 AM.

Skald defending Annuminas! - The pieces in this outfit have, variously, undyable gold and burgundy bits so the dyes bring it all together..

Ceremonial Himhar (store) - Burgundy
    Elven Padded Shirt of Determination - Gold
    Tough Elven Cloth Shoulder Pads - Gold
    August Resilient Gauntlets of the Golden Wood - Burgundy
    Elven Leather Leggings - Burgundy
    War Captain's Boots - Burgundy
    (Shield - Fav-Targed)

I know this outfit is a standard medium armor for expert tailor level (with the exception of the hat) but it really looks so good that I had to share it.

Quote Originally Posted by SerendipityUK View Post
    It was great to get a comment on my finalist outfit on LotroFashion, particularly that the top I used made my girl seem too manly. Due to either a limitation in wardrobe or imagination I came up with the only chest I thought would work with the rest of the pieces intact and give her a waist, but it was interesting to see how the colour synergy required a shift in dyes to Sienna, as well as swapping out the backpack to sustain the new synergy. The original is my favourite though..

Here's a couple of shots of the new top and also on my favourite horse. I hope it does it more justice than the screenshot originally submitted.
    wow, this is exactly what i was talking about! you turned the outfit from extravagant but not flattering to extravagant, feminine and beautiful! i wouldn't have thought of using this particular top and it looks great imho. thanks for taking my comment into consideration, dunno how the others but i love the new version!

i also made an orange-coloured outfit, to match the Treasure Laden Goat. i've spent quite a long time in Treasure Hunt this weekend and i gotta say it's my favourite event so far - maybe because there are many cosmetics, mounts and emotes to get.

(for information about the pieces, emotes and mount, click here)
    [color=#BF4000][b]Freyjuska lvl 75 HUN[/b][/color]...and many alts on Snowbourn
    [color=#BF4000][b][url=http://lotrofashion.blogspot.com/]Lotro Fashion[/url] - my blog about Lotro outfits - [url=twitter.com/LOTROFashion]follow me![/url][/b][/color]

6. Feb 27 2012, 07:25 AM

Glad you like the outfit alteration

Wish I could have spent more time in the treasure hunt, was rather busy in my limited weekend time getting the new outfits posted here all created and captured...still, many more opportunities for this contest.

Such cool cosmetics, horses and emotes from this hunt, I had no real luck this time around.

Great outfit as well. I've struggled with how to use that top for a while outside of its usual matching pieces.
    Last edited by SerendipityUK; Feb 27 2012 at 07:55 AM.

My photography skills are not as impressive as most people on here haha
    But this has been my favourite cosmetic outfit since around level 35!
    I've recently made it all red as you can see but i used to be violet and looked brilliant against my hair and skin, it also matched one of the fall festival mounts i own
    I may change it back violet again

Big congratulations to all the winners and finalists in the screenshot contest, I loved the entries!

Another outfit for you guys to check out, I call this one "Heart of Gold." Please click here for more pics and details.

[CENTER][B][URL="http://starrymantle.wordpress.com/"]The Starry Mantle: a LOTRO cosmetics blog[/URL]
    [/B]
    [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/TheStarryMantle"]Follow on Twitter[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by SerendipityUK View Post
    Especially the backpack brings a completely new nuance to the outfit. Very nice! And I love the combination with the Annuminas horse (which is my personal favorite still). I like the new top as well!
    C O S M E T I C * L O T R O

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Glad you like it, there was a backpack on the original earlier in this thread, the Elegant Backpack, but as it's got a lot of gold on it, it only worked on the gold dyed outfit.

Learned a lot about screenshots recently thanks to you bloggers, I'm looking at this thread and thinking I could have done a lot of my contributions more justice if I'd been a bit more competent and less literal in display. Onwards and upwards, after a good old trawl through my alts I notice I've got a lot of those really 'busy' looking backpacks like the cook's pack and trapper's pack that I've not used because they're so overpowering...clearly an opportunity

One of my favorite outfits I've created so far. I'm just beginning on editing these, so I have no idea how to get rid of the parts that are pixelated, sorry.

My hobbit burglar's day to day clothes tend to change at an alarming rate, but I'm really fond of her current outfit for the cold and snowy regions.
    So here's Rauke visiting the northern shores of Forochel:

Edit:
    Shabby cap, dyed crimson (Yule festival)
    Yule scarf, dyed olive (Yule festival)
    Backpack of the Treasure Hunter, dyed olive (Treasure hunt event)
    Combat armour of Theodred, dyed crimson (Tailor guild recipe)
    Fingerless gloves, undyed (Yule festival)
    Ceremonial Ajokoira boots, dyed crimson (Forochel reputation recipe)
    Last edited by West-northwestook; Mar 01 2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Adding the outfit details
    New Order, maggots: Eat more carrots! The Dark Lord isn't pleased that none of you can see further than the end of your sword.

Shoulders: Gwir-Palvais, dyed rust
    Back: Clock of shadow and flame
    Body: Exquisite elven dress, dyed rust
    Mount: 6 hour Lossoth mount (from the store)

My 3½ year old nephew helped me pick the outfit and I stumbled across the mont in another thread and thoguth the dress woudl go perfect with the mount. If kindred with Lossoth gave that mount I'd grind rep until my nose got frost bite.

Talking Re: Show us your favorite cosmetic outfit

This is my next outfit in the series of elven heroes of the Eldar Days.

Ectelion of the Fountain, defender of Gondolin, a close friend of Glorfindel and Tuor. Fountain and flowing water was symbol of his House; elves of the House of the Fountain were known to play silver flutes in the beginning of battles. He and Glorfindel were so alike, and so different at the same time. Gold and silver. Fire and water. Even in death, they were different and alike - both of them died while defending the hidden elven city Gondolin, at the hands of Balrogs. But Glorfindel died in Balrog's fire, having fallen with him off the cliff, and Ectelion drowned, having fallen in the water along with his enemy.

The brave heart, the strong spirit, the valiant warrior of ancient days. This is how I see him.

I think, it's how Ectelion was found after the battle of Gondolin.

I'm quite content with this outfit - as you can see, the breastplate bears symbol of the fountain, and shoulders bear an image similar to the leaves that float above the water. The slight shade of gold ( helm, gloves, boots) doesn't spoil the whole thing very much, I think.

If anybody wants to see the previous outfit " Glorfindel", you can look up here: http://my.lotro.com/user-1434375/

or here: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...outfit/page173

I'm sorry for grammar mistakes, not a native speaker.
    Last edited by Thoargile; Feb 29 2012 at 04:26 PM.

PLEASE list the pieces you are showing off.

I want those pants.
    A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    PLEASE list the pieces you are showing off.

I want those pants.
    Oh, sorry, always forget the most important part

Malledhrim Helmet
    Malledhrim Pauldrons
    Guardsman's Cape of Naillan
    Elven Steel Breastplate of Vigor
    Gauntlets of the Iron Arm (Moria Heavy Armor Barter)
    Leggings of the Brazen Call (Moria Heavy Armor Barter)
    August Vibrant Boots of the Golden Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Kleinwulf View Post

Shoulders: Gwir-Palvais, dyed rust
    Back: Clock of shadow and flame
    Body: Exquisite elven dress, dyed rust
    Mount: 6 hour Lossoth mount (from the store)

My 3½ year old nephew helped me pick the outfit and I stumbled across the mont in another thread and thoguth the dress woudl go perfect with the mount. If kindred with Lossoth gave that mount I'd grind rep until my nose got frost bite.

That horse is AMAZING. Now *that's* a good Lossoth horse. Not like the current one that just looks like a shaggy Esteldin steed.

The new screenshots and videos of the new zones inspired me to make some new outfits for my high level characters in anticipation of questing there.

Here's my first set of such outfits. This being my captain:

Here are a couple of my favourite outfits on my guardian.

Elven Soldiers Armour
    Circlet of Men
    Warden's Pack

Armour of Westfold
    Travellers Hood
    Warden's Pack

Quote Originally Posted by West-northwestook View Post

This outfit is just super adorable, I love it. =D

Quote Originally Posted by West-northwestook View Post
    My hobbit burglar's day to day clothes tend to change at an alarming rate, but I'm really fond of her current outfit for the cold and snowy regions.

What are those boots? Where can I find them? That is the last piece of the puzzle that I need for my main outfit for Sophora.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000021930f/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by kimano View Post
    What are those boots? Where can I find them? That is the last piece of the puzzle that I need for my main outfit for Sophora.
    These boots are Ceremonial Ajokoira Shoes (T5 crafted)

Quote Originally Posted by Thoargile View Post
    These boots are Ceremonial Ajokoira Shoes (T5 crafted)
    Edited my entry with my best guess at translation from the german client and some googling:
    Shabby cap, dyed crimson (Yule festival)
    Yule scarf, dyed olive (Yule festival)
    Backpack of the Treasure Hunter, dyed olive (Treasure hunt event)
    Combat armour of Theodred, dyed crimson (Tailor guild recipe)
    Fingerless gloves, undyed (Yule festival)
    Ceremonial Ajokoira boots, dyed crimson (Forochel reputation recipe)
    New Order, maggots: Eat more carrots! The Dark Lord isn't pleased that none of you can see further than the end of your sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Cithryth View Post
    The new screenshots and videos of the new zones inspired me to make some new outfits for my high level characters in anticipation of questing there.
    I like the layout you used to show your outfits, Cithryth! It looks like a concept design.

Here's another offering, a scholarly outfit all in black. Please click here for more pics and the list of pieces.

[CENTER][B][URL="http://starrymantle.wordpress.com/"]The Starry Mantle: a LOTRO cosmetics blog[/URL]
    [/B]
    [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/TheStarryMantle"]Follow on Twitter[/URL][/CENTER]

great use of the shoulders

Page 105 of 237 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 155 205 ... LastLast