We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Could we return The Fashion Maven event?

The Fashion Maven was an even long ago I'm unsure what year as lotro wiki doesn't say (I think others here might know?), you got a quest in the mail to bring a Scroll to any Outfitter, Quest:The Fashion Maven's Scroll, this quest awarded a different item or title depending what you got in mail.

The Fashionable
    The Unfashionable
    The Eye-sore
    Hat of Shame

I would like to see such an event return, has some nice titles, after the old April Fools event returned I was reminded of this one I heard about, The Fashion Maven and wondered if could ever bring it back or if other players would like to see this.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

/bump, any interest from others for this to return?

pretty please devs!

The main issue with the Fashion Maven event is that it was never formally part of the game, as I understand it, it was a specific GM at the time who used admin commands to make the "event" happen. This was fine back then, but would not really be the way it would be done these days. Not to say it couldn't return, but it would need to be created from scratch and done differently, with presumably different way(s) to get it.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I think a new version of it rather than just rehashing the old event could actually be better, maybe in a sort of "an npc gives you a list of items to wear each day for a week and you present yourself wearing the gear so it checks out the list, at the end you get a deed and title" kinda thing, or a "wear 4 items dyed red and one blue". just to say one way of doing it. but it would be great for the community to show off their creativity

Fun but complicated: Schedule times on each server to have people show up in Bree or wherever, have a GM pop in and make a list of people who deserve the various titles, and then email them a code for a title later on, like the Extra Life codes.

Less fun but less complicated: Make special costumes like the Harvestmath ones that reward the titles after wearing them for a certain amount of time, or a number of times like a consumables deed.

Very simple: Just add these titles as Extra Life prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The main issue with the Fashion Maven event is that it was never formally part of the game, as I understand it, it was a specific GM at the time who used admin commands to make the "event" happen. This was fine back then, but would not really be the way it would be done these days. Not to say it couldn't return, but it would need to be created from scratch and done differently, with presumably different way(s) to get it.
    I had thought I heard it was GM thing but wasn't sure, well now we know. Hopefully one day in the far future it could be recreated again.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server