We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

epic for the ages is so good i need a change of underwear

Well you may have realised straight off the bat that I was having a bit of fun with the title. Just so that we are clear , I am an RK of middle to low abillity who is so awful I may well have slipped your notice for many years on Landy.....and who could blame you. But does this make my money any less value than yours.....answers on a postcard please.
    To be open about this I am Moors player ( quick intake of breath from Raid Elites ) and play Blue line , healing of course , mainly because there are a bunch of lovely chaps and chappettes called BA's that are busy turning me and my colleagues into pincushions.
    I love the RK and think it is a great class and more fun than the description on the tin would imply. But I am here to argue for Epic for the ages ( this is clearly a misrepresentation of what you get) to be revamped.
    Lets not mess about and just state the obvious....Rune sign of Winter is nearly as good and is way easier to use. I am all for simple. So.....I would like to petition for 'Epic' to have its CD extended to 45s to 1min the cast to be almost instant and the magnitude increased from 100k to maybe in the region of 250k or more.
    Now ...I am no stranger to the forums and am well aware that a certain amount of flak is coming my way potentially. But this is just what i would like to see done with thjis skill. FYI...I never use it....never... i even had to look up the title of it to get it right. And yet it figures in the trait tree point progression. Its about as useful as an Avocado in an expensive prime burger.
    If you wish to pillory me for my ignorance....fill your boots, be my guest. If you want other changes to 'Remarkably Unepic for the Ages' then please feel free to take over this thread.
    Yours 'over-opinionated british guy' (is there any other type lol)

Thumbs down This is an awful idea. Why even bother posting?

I will take "Bad Ideas That Should Never See the Light of Day" for 5 copper pieces, please!
    Dwarves must fight for dwarves!

Quote Originally Posted by Dranak123 View Post
    Just so that we are clear , I am an RK of middle to low abillity
    Probably because you don't use the biggest heal RK has?

....But does this make my money any less value than yours.....answers on a postcard please.
    Money? No. Opinion? Yes it makes it far less valuable if you're bad at the class but suggesting revamps for it, presumably this is obvious.

I am all for simple. So.....I would like to petition for 'Epic' to have its CD extended to 45s to 1min the cast to be almost instant and the magnitude increased from 100k to maybe in the region of 250k or more.
    Nah. It's a relatively big rotational heall, the CD is just about right I'd say, you'd significantly gimp our burst healing potential with this change to the cooldown. The heal could afford to go up a little, but see my below comments on how I think it could be tweaked to be marginally better.

FYI...I never use it....never... i even had to look up the title of it to get it right.
    ?? Why? With Master of Allusion up and at 20 attunement, it's decent and you're missing about 5-10% of your healing potential in not using it.

And yet it figures in the trait tree point progression.
    The traits aren't stellar, I'll give you that, but the heal over time added isn't bad. If they both cost just 1 trait point each I think it'd make more sense given their potency. The splash heal could do with a range increase of +15-20m though, as it stands you're using this skill on the tank 99 times out of 100 in PvE content, where nobody should be within 5m range of said tank.

RK healer is in a good spot right now, especially compared to Minstrel whose heals have scaled as well as Morale pools have between 130 & 140. There's literally only three things I'd like to change and that's:

- Epic for the Ages induction reduced by 1 second. It is a lengthy induction for a heal of its magnitude imo, and casting it without Master of Allusion up is like watching a kettle boil.

- Ginormous delay after Scribe a New Ending which really makes you think about whether or not you're going to need the two seconds after using it to emergency heal the tank or if you can afford to pop it to cleanse. Even more prevalent in the Moors.

- RK is the only class that is completely and utterly crippled by both Disarm and Silence. Most notably in the Moors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
    I will take "Bad Ideas That Should Never See the Light of Day" for 5 copper pieces, please!
    Isengard bids five.