We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

[U23] Tank or DD Warden?

Hey,

I need your help. Should I try to play my tank warden as before or do you think Guards and Captians are still the tank to go with?
    I tanked T2 HM inis in Mordor but did not get the chance to tank a boss in the raid. No one trusted the warden tank.

So before getting some gear I need your very honest opinion.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Hildilas; Oct 18 2018 at 05:00 AM.

Well before U23.1 I could tank instances on t2 with my warden (though I tried this only in glimmerdeep and the 6 man instance) but yesterday I was struggling very hard in glimmerdeep. But SSG said already damage of high level mobs in wrong / bugged and they gonna fix it very soon. The new raid is still not out, so I think nobody can say now if warden will be viable for it or not, especially in t2 or t3 later.

Captains and Guardians are still the way to go, imo. The current state of Tank-Wardens is just sad, despite the recent "class-balancing" for Blueline. The recent changes to ratings just made it worse.

Quick example: Wardens rely on buffing themselfs up. Let's say you do a 'Wall of Steel' - you get ~+20,000 Parry while the cap for parry (T1) is 225,000 and our mainstats have been reworked to contribute less than before. This discrepancy can be seen on the other Tankgambits too. They simply don't matter enough/are not scaled correctly. Or just look at your Skilltree: you can spend 5 Traitpoints to get ~+4000 Evasion (War-Cry) or 5 Traitpoints to get +2015 CritDef/+1516 Mitigations (Impressive Flourish)... how is this okay/balanced?

Then, besides this, Warden's HoTs are too weak (have been since Mordor) regarding our current Moralpools. Warden's Lifetaps are too weak regarding our current Moralpools. But HoTs and Leeches define the concept of a Tankwarden (besides buffing himself up).

If you want to keep your mitigations up, you don't really have time for anything else (buffing yourself with BPE/HoTs/DoTs/paying close attention to mechanics/etc.). Once we had +10sec Buffduration on Shield- and Fist-Gambits on our unimbued Weapons - this helped a lot and made tanking more fun because you didn't had to rush through your Gambits like a madman just to keep roughly 1/3 of your possible buffs up. Tankwarden needs at least those +10 seconds back to be somewhat fun. Just get rid of the obsolete Traits in the Skilltree (For The Free People, e.g.) and give us +2/4/6/8/10 seconds Buffduration; that would be a worthy Cap-Stone for Blueline.

A huge chunk of our mitigations is tied to our AOE-Forcetaunt, which is a bad design too, imo. The positioning of mobs can be severely messed up by this (in a larger group with multiple tanks).

And don't forget that Wardens have no Panicskills like Captains/Guardians/Beornings.

Overall, in my opinion, Tankwarden is merely an empty shell of what it's used to be. And there is no point for any group to choose a Warden over a Guard/Captain... or even a Beorning.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ _

Regarding DD-Warden, I would say it's by far the more worthwhile choice at the moment. Our damage is on spot.

But bear in mind, that you have to use the Abyss-Setbonus (+3 DoT-Impluses) and presumably the Throne-Setbonus (+25% Bleeding-Damage) to be competitive. In respect of the recent Rating-rework, this means, that you will have almost no mitigations! And bosses like Etterfang are melee-unfriendly as hell...
    (Again, this is bad design. I really hate to be forced to utilize old Sets, just because they are insanely strong. +3 DoT-Impulses is so so mandatory for DD-Warden, that you just can't neglect it, if you wan't to be competitive. Easy fix: Get rid of the useless Trait "Honed Spikes" in Redline, and make it +2 DoT-Impulses, leave +1 DoT-Impulse as a future Set-Bonus...Or just add those impulses to the Trait "Lasting Impression" for the respective cost.)
    Last edited by Imbrahil; Oct 18 2018 at 06:21 AM.
    Gwaihir - Earnan, 120, Warden.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Imbrahil View Post
    Captains and Guardians are still the way to go, imo. The current state of Tank-Wardens is just sad, despite the recent "class-balancing" for Blueline. The recent changes to ratings just made it worse.

Quick example: Wardens rely on buffing themselfs up. Let's say you do a 'Wall of Steel' - you get ~+20,000 Parry while the cap for parry (T1) is 225,000 and our mainstats have been reworked to contribute less than before. This discrepancy can be seen on the other Tankgambits too. They simply don't matter enough/are not scaled correctly. Or just look at your Skilltree: you can spend 5 Traitpoints to get ~+4000 Evasion (War-Cry) or 5 Traitpoints to get +2015 CritDef/+1516 Mitigations (Impressive Flourish)... how is this okay/balanced?

Then, besides this, Warden's HoTs are too weak (have been since Mordor) regarding our current Moralpools. Warden's Lifetaps are too weak regarding our current Moralpools. But HoTs and Leeches define the concept of a Tankwarden (besides buffing himself up).

If you want to keep your mitigations up, you don't really have time for anything else (buffing yourself with BPE/HoTs/DoTs/paying close attention to mechanics/etc.). Once we had +10sec Buffduration on Shield- and Fist-Gambits on our unimbued Weapons - this helped a lot and made tanking more fun because you didn't had to rush through your Gambits like a madman just to keep roughly 1/3 of your possible buffs up. Tankwarden needs at least those +10 seconds back to be somewhat fun. Just get rid of the obsolete Traits in the Skilltree (For The Free People, e.g.) and give us +2/4/6/8/10 seconds Buffduration; that would be a worthy Cap-Stone for Blueline.

A huge chunk of our mitigations is tied to our AOE-Forcetaunt, which is a bad design too, imo. The positioning of mobs can be severely messed up by this (in a larger group with multiple tanks).

And don't forget that Wardens have no Panicskills like Captains/Guardians/Beornings.

Overall, in my opinion, Tankwarden is merely an empty shell of what it's used to be. And there is no point for any group to choose a Warden over a Guard/Captain... or even a Beorning.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ _

Regarding DD-Warden, I would say it's by far the more worthwhile choice at the moment. Our damage is on spot.

But bear in mind, that you have to use the Abyss-Setbonus (+3 DoT-Impluses) and presumably the Throne-Setbonus (+25% Bleeding-Damage) to be competitive. In respect of the recent Rating-rework, this means, that you will have almost no mitigations! And bosses like Etterfang are melee-unfriendly as hell...
    (Again, this is bad design. I really hate to be forced to utilize old Sets, just because they are insanely strong. +3 DoT-Impulses is so so mandatory for DD-Warden, that you just can't neglect it, if you wan't to be competitive. Easy fix: Get rid of the useless Trait "Honed Spikes" in Redline, and make it +2 DoT-Impulses, leave +1 DoT-Impulse as a future Set-Bonus...Or just add those impulses to the Trait "Lasting Impression" for the respective cost.)
    so true... so true.

At the moment it's not really fun to play the warden as the tank.
    ::: GWAHIR ::: ::: Waechter der Klamm ::: Kraatos | Warden | 120 ::: Grimnirr | Champion | 120 ::: Tasatir | Hunter | 120 ::: Shamroc | Rune-Keeper | 120 ::: Niike | Minstrel | 120 ::: Balflear | Burglar | 115 :::

Quote Originally Posted by Tasatir View Post
    so true... so true.

At the moment it's not really fun to play the warden as the tank.

1. Thank u all.

2. I think about the high caps and that the warden is able to buff himself quit a lot and that captains have issues with tanking larger groups. That was my last hope. Like ...MAYBE we need a off tank in the raid. But we would probably take a 2. guardian...*duh*

I hate the state of the tank warden so much It was like so much fun on lvl 75...Aggression was a nice gambit....even though it should have a CD.

After they fixed the initial U23/U23.1 bugs (and we can maybe hope for a little Dev attention), we have to try to make them aware of the state of Tankwarden... It's just a shame. Such a cool and unique class. It's even a premium class. And it's labled as a Tank in the character creation menu, despite the fact, that Warden is propably the worst Tank in the game at the moment(maybe on par with Champs). If the time is right, I am going to make a much more detailed post about the current issues on the BR-Classforums.

We have to raise our voices more decisively. Maybe we can persuade Vastin to have a look after us somehow
    Last edited by Imbrahil; Oct 18 2018 at 06:21 AM.

After they fixed the initial U23/U23.1 bugs (and we can maybe hope for a little Dev attention), we have to try to make them aware of the state of Tankwarden... It's just a shame. Such a cool and unique class. It's even a premium class. And it's labled as a Tank in the character creation menu, despite the fact, that Warden is propably the worst Tank in the game atm (maybe on par with Champs). If the time is right, I am going to make a much more detailed post about the current issues on the BR-Classforums.

We have to raise our voices more decisively. Maybe we can persuade Vastin to have a look after us somehow

tbh...I don't like it but...If they gave us 5% more mits and 1 nice panic I would be "okay"...It's not like this is the goal for me as a warden but...I got the feeling that a bpa tank is dead -esp with the new stat caps, and a self healing warden tank is dead too :/

maybe the Beo will be a even better tank..he would already be if he was able to wear a shield/block....

After they fixed the initial U23/U23.1 bugs (and we can maybe hope for a little Dev attention), we have to try to make them aware of the state of Tankwarden... It's just a shame. Such a cool and unique class. It's even a premium class. And it's labled as a Tank in the character creation menu, despite the fact, that Warden is propably the worst Tank in the game atm (maybe on par with Champs). If the time is right, I am going to make a much more detailed post about the current issues on the BR-Classforums.

You're totally right. i love the warden playstyle with the gambits and it gaves no other class which gets me so like that. But what they did with the warden tank is a farce.
    ::: GWAHIR ::: ::: Waechter der Klamm ::: Kraatos | Warden | 120 ::: Grimnirr | Champion | 120 ::: Tasatir | Hunter | 120 ::: Shamroc | Rune-Keeper | 120 ::: Niike | Minstrel | 120 ::: Balflear | Burglar | 115 :::

9. Oct 18 2018, 07:03 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Hildilas View Post

tbh...I don't like it but...If they gave us 5% more mits and 1 nice panic I would be "okay"...It's not like this is the goal for me as a warden but...I got the feeling that a bpa tank is dead -esp with the new stat caps, and a self healing warden tank is dead too :/

maybe the Beo will be a even better tank..he would already be if he was able to wear a shield/block....
    I think everyone is understimating the power of a tanking warden, have you actually tried? ATM in 120 warden is the class that with some self buffing can get highest mits (I mean even % compared to guards until you can get full t2 gear and essences) got way more than decent self healing (around 5k hps while not focusing on it) best AOE aggro, highest morale pool, you can get huge mit % by just spamming conviction each 20s in a fs. But well seems people don't really understand the importance of mits in game nowadays, which is normal considering since lvl 100 nobody would use a single Tact mit essence ever, but it's worth it having "only" 200k morale and mits + inc healing+ finesse rather than stacking vit mindlessly as most tanks are doing, bring a lvl 115 tank into mordath with only 30% mits (as I've seen in current level) and see how it goes...

I did some T2 Instances with a warden tank and a dps warden together.

I can say that a good tank warden is really strong there. Neither Glimmerdeep/Trumfall or Tikil Gundu T2 was any Problem while having a warden tank.

Ontop of that the dps warden is the strongest aoe and st dps class in the game right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzels View Post
    [...]
    For sure, Warden is in an excellent spot regarding the DPS-potential. But in my opinion, the requirement of utilizing old (and statwise really outdated) equipment isn't really fun. And that's the only thing (besides some useless traits in Redline) I am criticizing regarding DD-Warden; apart from this, the balancing was a success.

And yes, Wardens can achieve decent mitigations. But bear in mind, that there is currently no T3-gear and no essences above purple ones (and no real way to obtain them). If these thing become avaible, the other tanks will take a huge leap ahead of Warden once again. Wardens can best compensate for poor equipment, thats why they feel somewhat strong atm - at least in my opinion. If you compare raid-ready or raid-geared Wardens to comparable Guardians/Captains (Mits capped, some BPE essences, etc.), i don't see any real benefit in choosing a Warden over the others.
    I don't want Wardens to be overpowered or something like this - I just want them to be desired tanks in T3/raidcontent. Just a bit of scaling and a little bit of rework would do the trick. The most important things are at least +10sec Buffduration and meaningfull Traits to choose (I'm looking on you, War-Cry/Impressive Flourish/For The Free People/...).
    Last edited by Imbrahil; Oct 18 2018 at 03:19 PM.

For sure, Warden is in an excellent spot regarding the DPS-potential. But in my opinion, the requirement of utilizing old (and statwise really outdated) equipment isn't really fun. And that's the only thing (besides some useless traits in Redline) I am criticizing regarding DD-Warden; apart from this, the balancing was a success.

And yes, Wardens can achieve decent mitigations. But bear in mind, that there is currently no T3-gear and no essences above purple ones (and no real way to obtain them). If these thing become avaible, the other tanks will take a huge leap ahead of Warden once again. Wardens can best compensate for poor equipment, thats why they feel somewhat strong atm - at least in my opinion. If you compare raid-ready or raid-geared Wardens to comparable Guardians/Captains (Mits capped, some BPE essences, etc.), i don't see any real benefit in choosing a Warden over the others.
    I don't want Wardens to be overpowered or something like this - I just want them to be desired tanks in T3/raidcontent. Just a bit of scaling and a little bit of rework would do the trick. The most important things are at least +10sec Buffduration and meaningfull Traits to choose (I'm looking on you, War-Cry/Impressive Flourish/For The Free People/...).
    Using old sets doesn't really give you huge advantage since you can no longer reach caps on crit + mastery + finesse without full new gear. Also mits are terrible in DPS gear unless you use new gear. And honestly with improved animation time you can still stack all big bleeds without the set unless it's a mobile fight.

For tanking...you won't be able to cap mits+ avoids on a non warden tank. With T3 gear maybe it is possible to cap mitigations fully on guard or captain and still get some spot for other essences but if that's the case then wardens will be able to save at least 2 physical and 3 tactical mitigation essences only with conviction, leaving spot to a huge morale increase, huge incoming healing or even some offensive stats or crit for self healing. All that considering bpe completely useless for all new instances tanking which it isn't. I'd say you can save at least the worth of 6 essences on warden only with easily sustainable self buffs over a captain or guardian.

The biggest advantage tank wardens have for me is: they can do decent-good dps while tanking.

Specially in speedruns what i am interested in i would take a warden over a guardian if it is possible there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    Using old sets doesn't really give you huge advantage since you can no longer reach caps on crit + mastery + finesse without full new gear. Also mits are terrible in DPS gear unless you use new gear. And honestly with improved animation time you can still stack all big bleeds without the set unless it's a mobile fight.

For tanking...you won't be able to cap mits+ avoids on a non warden tank. With T3 gear maybe it is possible to cap mitigations fully on guard or captain and still get some spot for other essences but if that's the case then wardens will be able to save at least 2 physical and 3 tactical mitigation essences only with conviction, leaving spot to a huge morale increase, huge incoming healing or even some offensive stats or crit for self healing. All that considering bpe completely useless for all new instances tanking which it isn't. I'd say you can save at least the worth of 6 essences on warden only with easily sustainable self buffs over a captain or guardian.
    We can get lot of stat ratings from gambit buffs which worth lot of essence slots, this is true, but guardians with their passive % boosts save lot of essence slots too. How many essence slots worth guardian's passive buffs +10% armour, +5% block, +5% parry, +5% incomming healing. They have also lot more armour on their gear, which is free stat bonus over medium tanks.

Compare tanks with survival skills and their potency and cooldowns. For that perspective, warden is not so good
    Guardian: Jugernaut, Pledge, Redirect, Warrior's Heart, Catch a Breath
    Captain: Last Stand, Shield of Dunadain
    Warden: Never Surrender, Resolution on many mobs
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master, Gislin - Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by Krindel View Post
    We can get lot of stat ratings from gambit buffs which worth lot of essence slots, this is true, but guardians with their passive % boosts save lot of essence slots too. How many essence slots worth guardian's passive buffs +10% armour, +5% block, +5% parry, +5% incomming healing. They have also lot more armour on their gear, which is free stat bonus over medium tanks.

Compare tanks with survival skills and their potency and cooldowns. For that perspective, warden is not so good
    Guardian: Jugernaut, Pledge, Redirect, Warrior's Heart, Catch a Breath
    Captain: Last Stand, Shield of Dunadain
    Warden: Never Surrender, Resolution on many mobs
    I agree on emergency skills but... with just basic gambits that you can keep up 100% uptime:
    +9,5% inc healing, + 20% partial block chance, + 6% to all partial avoids, nearly 40k to block and 20k to evade rating. + 8% mitigations, and huge incoming healing. I wouldn't say we're behind in permanent buffs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    I agree on emergency skills but... with just basic gambits that you can keep up 100% uptime:
    +9,5% inc healing, + 20% partial block chance, + 6% to all partial avoids, nearly 40k to block and 20k to evade rating. + 8% mitigations, and huge incoming healing. I wouldn't say we're behind in permanent buffs at all.
    You are right, but if you are keeping up all this buffs, you have little time for aggro, utility, life taps. Stuns slow you significantly. If they will increase buff duration by at least 10s and introduce new panic skill, I will be happy warden.
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master, Gislin - Burglar

18. Oct 22 2018, 10:29 AM

Right now the warden is the better tank i would say. You can pull more trash compared to a Guardian without dying, because you can stack morale and just use gambit to cap mits and BPE. If done properly you can pull multiple groups in Thikil Gundu on T3. In Bossfights the same.
    Heiwyn ~ Warden ~ Belegear
    Taldeen ~ Hunter ~ Belegaer
    Dagan ~ Minstrel ~ Belegaer

Quote Originally Posted by Taldeen View Post
    Right now the warden is the better tank i would say. You can pull more trash compared to a Guardian without dying, because you can stack morale and just use gambit to cap mits and BPE. If done properly you can pull multiple groups in Thikil Gundu on T3. In Bossfights the same.
    Which stats do you've at the moment? Mitigations etc. -- unbuffed.

I tanked Glimmerdeep T3; I have capped physical mitigation with conviction and I am wearing 95% T2 gear. The concept of this instance on T3 is very unfavorable for Wardens. With the constant stuns and kicks of those trolls, there is even less time for a Warden to keep the desired Gambits up. I personally struggled to keep up the +mitigations form Conviction and to keep the Shield-Spear-Gambitline running. Even with good positioning there was simply no time to do much else than keeping mits form Convition/DC and HoTs up. No room for a Dance Of War or any other Gambit, which would increase the survivability further (besides the occasional Shiledmastery).
    Every other tank has to press one button to achieve the desired effect; Wardens on the other hand have to press serveral buttons to execute a Gambit, which requires a lot more time. Guardians have to keep their Guardian's Ward up, once they stacked up their Fortification, thats all. Captains have to keep Battle Hardened up, thats all. If a Warden doesn't keep his mitigation-giving Gambits up, the damage recieved will increase significantly. Every other tank can just pay so much more attention to the fight itself, because they don't have to pay that much attention to keep their survivability up. And if they mess something up, they can use a defensive cooldown - Wardens have to rely on a passive Never Surrender.

Then, look at Etterfang in T3. If you want to take a melee damagedealer with you, the only way to succeed is to tank with a guardian and give Shieldwall to the DD, so he can actually damage the boss. My point is: Guardians and Captain have so much group-utility and tank so much easier, that - once they can cap mitigations as easy as a Warden due to gear and essences - there is no reason to pick a Warden as a tank over the others. At long last you are just crippling your group at the moment - in my opinion.

Wardens desperately need at least +10 sec buffduration on Shield- and Fistgambits. Even better would be a change, so that we get our +5% Gambit-Mitigations not from the Shield-Fist line but from our 1-minute Gambits. Just add +5% physical mitigation to Shield Mastery and +5% tactical mitigation to Shield Tactics. At the moment you just are rushing and struggeling to keep your somewhat lackluster survivability up, because you just have so little time. Just look at this long-### animationtime of Dance Of War; this Gambit alone takes around 3 seconds (just for its animation to finish!) of our precious 20-25 second rotation time to keep the best Gambits up. Every other tank just presses 2-3 Buttons and he is done. Please, explain to me - what's the point of having so much cool defensive Gambits, which are even better if used in the correct sequence, if you simply don't have the time to use them? Currently, you are just making a tradeoff between your limited timewindow and the most rewarding Gambits. We can only uitilize a tiny fraction of our potential, whereas every other tank doesn't have to limit himself in that way.

Then, Wardens need better Moral-Taps. Even if I am tanking 10 mobs, an Exultation of Battle will give me around 25000 Moral every 4 seconds (skilled Moral-Taps and Legacies). Compare this to our moralpool of around 220k+ (T2 gear and mostly T11 essences)
    After some testing and tanking, I would say that HoTs are looking better than they did in Mordor, but they still could use an increase around 20% over the board. In Silent Street T2 and Glimmerdeep T3 I could manage to keep a 10-11k HPS up. But in comparison to the moralpool it's still not enough, imo.

I already explained, why I think that the necessity of pressing an AOE-Taunt every 20sec just to keep mitigations up, is a horrible design. Those +5% could be added to Shield Mastery/Shield Tactics, if they decide to keep the +5% from the Shield-Fist-Line in the current way.
    And please, please fix our Bueline Traittree. As I mentioned the Traits Warcry and Impressive Flourish are just a joke compared to their cost. Nobody uses For The Free People - give us a neat defensive cooldown (like every other tank has!) instead. The instant heal added to Restoration from the passive bonus Elegant Finish is around +2500 Moral with my gear - again, compare this to the possible moralpool.

I could go on and on about the current issues, but as I said, I will make a detailed post in the near future. I just want Wardens to be a desired tank in endcontent, and I see no real clue that this will be the case.
    Last edited by Imbrahil; Oct 26 2018 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasatir View Post
    Which stats do you've at the moment? Mitigations etc. -- unbuffed.
    At the beginning of the last run i had roughly 140k phys def, 90k tact def without buffs. With buffs you get physical capped.
    B/P/E 40k, 95k, 100k before buffs, resistance 123k, morale 200k.

Note that these stats are with partially crafted gear, purple gear etc.
    I expect you can go up to 300k morale unbuffed later if geared correctly. No need to cap defs/bpe, due to buffs.

@Imbrahil:
    Im not saying its easy, but you can always get some kinda of stun protection for some time(own buffs/loremaster). Then you have enough time to rotate defs and shield-spear gambits. You can also use aoe dmg gambits every 1.5 rotations or so without losing stuff. Which yields more dmg, bpe and aggro.
    +10s buff duration would make the warden way to strong if combined with a loremaster. Then you would be able to pull probably all addgroups in T3 without stopping if you play on high level.

Dance of war animation should be reduced, but i dont see a reason to extend buff duration (unless its a 1 point per sec capstone trait in blue or smth like this).
    Moraletaps should be buffed, but you got to be very careful there.... Unless we want to faceroll stuff. Same goes for heals.
    Challange aoe taunt should be decoupled and we need one more active defensive cooldown.

I personally like the challange of playing the warden, because right now, you can see how much better you can tank then any other tank class. Wardens do just not rely so much on equip. And with the stat rework the warden got soooooo much stronger compared to other tanks....

Warden are the best tank currently in my opinion, but they require much more skill and need some adjustment in the groups(interruption of casts for example). I think you will see warden becoming incresingly more popular once people realise the strengh. But again, it's a high skill cap class.

Btw: In 3 mans T3 a warden does not need a healer. You are faster with some kind of healer class, because you can pull more. But the fastest runs i have seen so far are warden + loremaster + runekeeper or similar.
    Last edited by Taldeen; Oct 26 2018 at 12:59 PM.

Then you have enough time to rotate defs and shield-spear gambits. You can also use aoe dmg gambits every 1.5 rotations or so without losing stuff. Which yields more dmg, bpe and aggro.
    Would you mind sharing your tanking-rotation with us? I would really appreciate it

Regarding the buffdurations: I only demand it, because we already had it. Before imbuement Wardens had those +10sec on Fist- and Shield-Gambits. We are left with no real compensation (weapon-swapping is not an option).
    Last edited by Imbrahil; Oct 26 2018 at 02:49 PM.

The issue with the Warden tank is if you need something at once (survive on pull, survie a spike damage, interupt, get agro on the incoming group of adds, grab a named from another tank and so on) you simply can't do it. You have to spend at least several seconds executing the needed gambit/gambits. In theory Warden tank is rather powerfull under all the buffs - in reality it rarely happens. People who say they'd take Warden over other tanks in speed runs are right as well. But speed runs mean being over-geared and over-experienced. During learning/gearing curve a warden tank can be a disaster, especially in raid enviroment.

Would you mind sharing your tanking-rotation with us? I would really appreciate it

Regarding the buffdurations: I only demand it, because we already had it. Before imbuement Wardens had those +10sec on Fist- and Shield-Gambits. We are left with no real compensation (weapon-swapping is not an option).
    Note: This is still WIP and by no means final or ideal. And you need to vary it uppon the bosses needs. Eg.: 6 man Drakeboss does not need "dance of war".

Something like:
    pre fight: Shield Mastery -> Conviction(up to 10 stacks) -> dance of war -> Adroit Manoeuvre -> Conviction
    start fight: surety of death -> javalin debuffs/ -> challange

in fight:
    Conviction -> Impressive Flourish->Maddening Strike -> Dance of War
    then usualy alternate between
    Shield Mastery -> surety of death -> Brink of Victory, javalin debuffs/Adroit Manoeuvre
    or
    Persevere -> Safeguard -> Celebration of Skill/Restoration, javalin debuffs/Adroit Manoeuvre

but it varys depending on needs. Sometimes it can vary a lot. Use battle memory for conviction or interrupts/Reversal. Keep challange on CD most of the time(unless you expect new adds).

if you drop
    Conviction for whatever reason: for the free people.

Hey Taldeen I ve ran content with you and I know that you are an absolute amazing warden. ;D
    So I got decent tank gear and T2 inis are easy - you do not even need a good tank..but I ve seen guardians "struggle"
    with T3. Like getting 70-100k and more hits one after the other and running from one panic to the next. I am kinda afraid to get these hits with my warden because our panics are bs.

+ What do you think about tact mits right now? Many wounds do % damage so it does not matter. Have you looked at combat analysis while doing T3 6 man ?
    Last edited by Hildilas; Oct 28 2018 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hildilas View Post
    Hey Taldeen I ve ran content with you and I know that you are an absolute amazing warden. ;D
    So I got decent tank gear and T2 inis are easy - you do not even need a good tank..but I ve seen guardians "struggle"
    with T3. Like getting 70-100k and more hits one after the other and running from one panic to the next. I am kinda afraid to get these hits with my warden because our panics are bs.

+ What do you think about tact mits right now? Many wounds do % damage so it does not matter. Have you looked at combat analysis while doing T3 6 man ?
    I recommend using swap equipment(at least the class item). Most groups do ONLY tactical or ONLY physical damage.
    If i remember correctly:
    Dwarfs: tactical(shadow)
    Orks: physical
    Dragons: tactical(frost)
    1th Boss: tactical(frost)
    2th Boss: tactical(shadow) & some physical
    3th Boss: tactical(frost)
    4th Boss: physical & minimal tactical from adds.

100k tactical & 140k physical without buff is fine, if you use all your gambits. More defs is easier ofc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast