We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Time between Kin Mails

Hi,

I was wondering how long an officer must wait between kin mails? Specifically, I'm asking in regard to this message --> You have sent out kinship mail too recently, unable to send more at this time.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Ang
    [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=White][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000001046/01001/signature.png]Angnaug[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Re: Time between Kin Mails

I noticed you've never received a reply to this, and I'm having the same issue. It's been at least 15 minutes since I've sent my last one, and this is getting ridiculous. Is it really SUCH an issue?
    [center]Scotti - Knights Equitable of Arkenstone
    [url=http://www.knightsequitable.org]http://www.knightsequitable.org[/url][/center]

/signed

I cannot find any information as to the length of time required between Kin mails.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." ... J.R.R Tolkien

I wanted to send our kinship all the rules on our housing in a 3 part mail but after sending the 3rd part first (so it would show up in order in the mailbox when they opened it) I found that I couldnt send a 2nd... 25 minutes later I still cant send any... and I wanted to log 25 minutes ago!!! Thanks Turbine argh.

--Edit: 30-35 minutes later (after the first mail) the second letter of 3 sent. Just so ya know.
    Last edited by Dwardmir; Jul 05 2010 at 03:45 AM.

Yeah, I never got an official response from anyone, Turbine or other players, but it seems to be about half an hour or something. Given the limited amount of space in a single mail, it's one of the lamest element of the game.

But it's beating a dead horse around here to tell Turbine they need to work in their kinship abilities. No officer mail still? Really?

Guess they can't spare the devs. You know, all that "get the cash shop up quick and make loads of money" stuff....
    [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=White][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000001046/01001/signature.png]Angnaug[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

This is ridiculous.

I am having the same issue, while attempting to send a 3-part kinship mail asking how things are going and giving an update on my life during my hiatus.

Is there no Dev who can comment on this question? It would be much appreciated from many of us kinship leaders and officers.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001c57c4/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I think they did it so gold spammers (or hacked accounts) couldn't send out spam messages over and over again...but gold farmers haven't been an issue in LOTRO in a few years.

Milarien is offline The Sociable
    The Healer
    House of Finwë
    Audience Member
    Mae Govannen
    I hate to bump, but trying to send out critical server transfer information to kinnies is being seriously held up by this. Is there any way to get this wait time eliminated or at least suspended during the transfers?

Thanks!
    Milarien Cardhra of Lorien (Minstrel), various other Mils et al
    (Minstrel: The Tootsie Roll Pop of Middle Earth!)
    Ring Guard of Rivendell (Gladden, formerly of Elendilmir), founded in beta (on Meneldor)

Milarien, et al (Hunter, Minstrel, Rune-keeper)
    Better Biscuit Bureau (Treebeard)

Angry Yes, it's a big pain...

The wait time is about 30 minutes in my experience.

Officer mail would be a REALLY useful feature. Seriously. Try managing 30+ officers by sending individual mail, with the same message, and which is subject to pauses to prevent spamming, and you get the picture.

Honestly, it's little details like this that chafe and actually really limit the game's appeal to new players. It's likely we won't hear anything on this count, but with the consolidations coming up, LOTRO should be looking to push more user-friendly and kin-friendly play, (particularly since most of the adverts for this game are word-of-mouth, buddy-join-and-play these days) and take time to CAREFULLY evaluate the needs of the userbase, instead of trying to preempt any problems by introducing new, problemating and little-understood content (essences anyone?).

So, yeah, officer mail, and KINHOUSE CRAFTING PLACES (another brilliant forum-generated idea that has been ignored) would do a great deal to bring in more socially-oriented play, and by extension, more players!
    Findurian
    Leader of the Legion of the Silent River
    "All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Tolkien [Player since 2010, forums since 2013]

Ditto with complaint. Maybe we need to take this to the Suggestions forum to get some attention.
    ~Memphis Belle~

Sikozu: Do you have any plan of escape?
    Aeryn: Run.
    Sikozu: Anything more detailed, Aeryn?
    Aeryn: Run quickly.

still an issue

May 21 2020 and this is still an issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniyel View Post
    May 21 2020 and this is still an issue...
    And another year goes by and we are still slamming up against this. Maybe at least make it 10 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Terebinth View Post
    And another year goes by and we are still slamming up against this. Maybe at least make it 10 minutes?
    And now it's August 2022 and this is _still_ an issue, 12 years later ... c'mon guys (devs), you can do this, I believe in you!
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.