We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Oh man, Chromite was a real one. Whether someone ever had a question about in-game or technical stuff, he was always there with his vast database of knowledge. As a career blue line hunter, I would often tease him about which line reigned supreme (knowing his thoughts were indeed the “proper” meta at the time), through the various interactions I had with him on Twitch. If one was lucky enough to have him in your fellowship/raid, you knew you were in good hands.

He was always willing to offer people advice and technical support, really to just try and optimize enjoyment for the player. I always respected him for his passion into the game, and the many people he helped along the way.

Condolences to him and his family. Rest well Chromite, and may you rain arrows of good thoughts and memories forevermore.
    Zyngor || Main server: Landroval (also on Arkenstone, Evernight, & others) // LOTRO Players

I will miss you Chromite, You made me feel special, and i see now that you had the gift to make everyone in your path feel that special ...

bye buddy...

Unhappy

you will be missed so much. Your vast knowledge in this game and your willingness to help and be there will always be remembered. Rest in piece

“I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are evil.” – Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings
    Jenkan

What?? Noooo!

How do you have LOTRO without Chromite?

Thank you, Chromite, for your kindness to me when my sister passed in 2020. And now we're saying farewell to you.

May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.

This is shocking. Chromite was way too young to die.

I can't think of any other player, past or present, who has done more for the LOTRO players and community. He is in that top echelon of people who loved this game and expressed that love by helping others to enjoy it to the fullest. Maybe SSG will think of a way to honor him in the game with some memorial token or other.

I will miss him.

Unhappy

Going to miss you a lot chromite you were a great friend all the hours raiding or doing 3 and 6 mans or just hanging out in different teamspeaks and discords staying up late chatting and fooling around lotro has lost a huge member of the community and I personally will cherish those raids and memories.
    With love Devdor ??
    Devdor R15 Champion ~ Devarsi R12 Rk
    Scrublio R9 BA ~ Omnomfreeps R6 WL

Condolence to Friends, Family and Gamecommunity.

Chromite Swiftpaw, i have in mind - maybe a very old Nick.

I meet him on Betatestings with my Captain now and then, and in the Communication the the Server.
    Nice polite and in special very fast with offering help to other and sharing knowlege with others.

I do not play atm, but look in the Forum - the Community Point.
    Bad to see again bad new.

On behalf of our kinship- Secret Fire Rekindled,
    Our deepest sympathy to Chromite's friends, family and the people he touched in game over the years.
    We had the pleasure of having Chromite's positivity and helpfulness in our raids and always enjoyed hanging out with him.

There are some who bring a light so great to the world that even after they have gone the light remains.

Rest in Peace, Friend.
    Last edited by MistyMountains; Oct 23 2022 at 08:37 PM.

/salute

/bow

/kneel

/cry

Rest in peace, you have gone "above & beyond" to shine a light in Middle Earth.

Aurora7
    Refugee Status: Veteran (Windfola, Bombadil, Ithil, Anor, and Coming SoonTM - Treebeard)

Celebration of Chromite

Over on Landroval we will be holding a celebration of life for our kinmate Chromite. It will be held at his house on 10\28\22 at 8pm est. The details are in the link provided, please bring your fireworks, ales and food to cheer and celebrate a legend in the Lotro community

https://sway.office.com/H6UeOcppC12CUFav?ref=Link
    Goat: Every class at 130 on Landy, Multiple classes on Arkenstone

Ah shiut.

Definitely one of the most knowledgeable individuals that I encountered in LOTRO, and someone who always was willing to take the time to talk and advise. I appreciated the love you had for the game and the patience you had for others. Very sorry to hear this.
    -Orauk

I was very sorry to see this. I annoyed the hell out of him in raids back in our Council of Eriador days on Brandywine, and particularly recall his disbelief when I announced in kin chat that I only just discovered the door to the Guild area in the Galtrev crafting hall - about two years after Dunland opened lol. Noodly, my particular condolences go out to you, I hope you are doing as well as possible.

I'm shocked and saddened by the sudden news. Like many in this thread, I've sometimes had minor differences with Chromite's opinions, in the relatively-short time I've known him, but I always respected his views, his experience, and his dedication to the game, and to all those who play it. A great loss for the LOTRO community.

* mourns *

I was so shocked and saddened to hear of Chromite’s passing. He was so kind and helpful to the community. He stopped what he was doing on a stream and re-logged to a minstrel to show me how best to organize my skills, just because I mentioned I was having trouble finishing an instance on-level. That was the kind of person he was, and I’m so sorry to know he’s gone. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends and all who are missing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Milthaliel View Post
    I was so shocked and saddened to hear of Chromite’s passing. He was so kind and helpful to the community. He stopped what he was doing on a stream and re-logged to a minstrel to show me how best to organize my skills, just because I mentioned I was having trouble finishing an instance on-level. That was the kind of person he was, and I’m so sorry to know he’s gone. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends and all who are missing him.
    Even though I never had any contact to Chromite or even knew about him I'd like to forward my condolences to his family, as well.

Ereglam

I've been in a few raids with him. RIP Chromite.

As a kin member of Chromite's on Landroval, Brandywine and Evernight, i've come to know Chromite as one of the most knowledgeable and respected players in Lotro. He will be sadly missed.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him.

Until we meet again mellon.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

I was sad to read about Chromite's passing over the weekend, his contributions to the community have been immense. He will be missed!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I still can't believe this. I have always considered Chromite a good role model, and I respected him very much. My Minstrel wouldn't be the same without his help and support. I am happy to have talked and raided with him, for sharing kinship with him on Evernight, and joking around as well. I will always remember this.

Hope to play LOTRO with you again on the other side.

As a kinmember of Chromites on both Brandywine and Evernight, I still can't wrap my head him being gone. He was a teacher to me as he was to so many others. Willing to answer any questions and helping me become more comfortable while running raids. My characters would not be the same without his support.

He was such a kind soul and I wil dearly miss him, his knowledge and his humor.

Farwell mellon as you sail into the West. Give those barefoot male Elves heck for us.

How do I express the hole that has been left. Chromite helped me with technical issues, he helped with class improvement. He had a great sense of humor and he and Noodly offered house tours on Landroval, Hatbroke neighborhood in the Bree Homesteads. His passing makes a huge void that can never be filled. He will be sorely missed.

Whilst I only knew from posts etc. I would like to wish my condolences to his friends and family both Lotro and IRL.

I have lost 4 close friends that I only had the absolute joy of knowing because we were brought together by this amazing game and the amazing community.

Let us all wrap our arms around each other as proper kinfolk as we remember those dear friends we love and have loved and sadly lost.

Peace.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatski View Post
    Over on Landroval we will be holding a celebration of life for our kinmate Chromite. It will be held at his house on 10\28\22 at 8pm est. The details are in the link provided, please bring your fireworks, ales and food to cheer and celebrate a legend in the Lotro community

https://sway.office.com/H6UeOcppC12CUFav?ref=Link
    Thank you, I will be sure to attend.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I was sad to read about Chromite's passing over the weekend, his contributions to the community have been immense. He will be missed!
    Might there be a homage to him perhaps in Bree's Scholar's Hall?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast